Do you take Whey Protein? Here is an alternative product.
Collagen is used as a building block for muscle cells, bone, cartilage and skin. When we push our bodies to the limit – such as during weight training – we can always benefit from more collagen to consolidate our results and boost recovery.
A growing number of weight trainers, cyclists, runners and sports people are turning to collagen supplements as an alternative to traditional protein shakes. I have discovered that collagen has a number of advantages over whey protein, however I take both Hellenia collagen and GDZ Supplements whey protein products in my weekly diet plan.
Whatever your fitness goals; whether you want to build muscle, lose weight or increase your energy levels, collagen is a readily bioactive source of protein and amino acids that can help you work harder, run faster and lift heavier.
You may be asking: ‘I always take whey protein, why should I use collagen?’
Most people who use protein supplements use whey protein. It completely dominates the market. However, this isn’t because it is necessarily a superior product. It is simply because, up to now, whey protein has been more readily available. Distributors are justifiably nervous of breaking the mould by stocking alternatives when a single product – in this case whey protein – completely dominates the market.
– Collagen protein is more bioavailable than whey, which is a less available, denatured protein.
– Whey protein is milk-based and is harder to digest than collagen.
– Whey protein supplements often contain added sugar, preservatives and colourings. Naticol collagen protein is completely natural, with no added sweeteners.
– Collagen has the additional advantage of containing crucial amino acids, which whey protein does not.
– Naticol collagen has a minimal impact on the environment. Whey protein is made from cow’s milk, so it is supported by a dairy industry that has a huge impact on land and energy use.
I get my collagen powder from Hellenia Healthfoods on a monthly basis. As a fitness supplement I find collagen gives me an effective boost both before and after a workout. I add 5g of powder to 250ml of water & also to my morning shake.
To get a 300g tub of Collagen powder click here.
NUTRITION TIP: Snack on nuts in between meals. Despite being high in fat, nuts are incredibly nutritious and healthy. They are loaded with magnesium, vitamin E, fibre and various other nutrients.
Thanks for reading,
Hot off the Chest Press.